October 23, 2012

Top Ten Books to Get You in the Halloween Spirit

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Books to Get You in the Halloween Spirit
10
Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1)
Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
Though this one isn't that scary it does get you in a great Halloween mood!
9
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith
This one is so epic and the vampires are quite creepy!
8
Frankenstein (Penguin Classics)
Frankenstein by Mary Shelly
Frankenstein is one of most loved horror stories for a reason - not only is not creepy as hell but it mkaes you think too!
7
  The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
This one is more of a suspense horror novel because there are none of the typical paranormal creatures, but it is really chilling!
6
Dracula
Dracula by Bram Stoker
Nothing beats a classic!
5
666 Park Avenue (666 Park Avenue, #1)
666 Park Avenue by Gabriella Pierce
I'm reading this right now and it's quite creepy!
4
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austin and Seth Grahame-Smith
This one can get just outright gory and really freaky!
3
Witch Eyes (Witch Eyes, #1)
Witch Eyes by Scott Tracey
This one takes place where I live and I really hope our town doesn't have all the scary demons and witches as depicted in this book!
2
Velveteen (Velveteen, #1)
Velveteen by Daniel Marks
A purgatory revolution, a psychopath killer, and all the gory details, Velveteen is damn terrifying!
1
Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1)
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
This one is scary enough to make grown men run behind their mother's legs in fright. SUPER SCARY!

22 comments:

  1. Alice in Zombieland! How could I forget that? Lol. Great list! :D

    Here my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover for Pride, Prejudice & Zombies is so creepy! I loved Anna Dressed in Blood. Awesome list.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Velveteen! Woohoo! I really want to read Velveteen. It sounds amazing and perfect for Halloween. And the cover too! :)

    J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that new show 666 Park Avenue based on this book? I have never heard of it, but I was thinking about watching that show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read all of these! I haven't started any of them but hopefully I'll start in 2013. :)

    My TTT
    *GIVEAWAY*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, I can't WAIT to read Veleveteen!
    My TTT: http://nightmareonbookstreet.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-ten-tuesday-get-me-in-mooood.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been watching the show for 666 Park Avenue, but I've been wanting to read the book for quite a while now (before I even knew there was going to be a show...)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just recently read Anna....now its time for Velveteen!!!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome selection!! Anna Dressed in Blood rocks:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Park Avenue should be good, I have yet t watch the series though.

    Braine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list, I love the cover for 666 Park Avenue and I've got The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer on its way so I'm excited about reading that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this list looks awesome i better get to reading im falling behind

    ReplyDelete
  13. I might read some of your book suggestion here on Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good list! Especially Dracula - one of the best ever! <3
    Mary DeBorde M.A.D.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved Alice in Zombieland and got a good scare from Anna Dressed in Blood! Thanks for the other suggestions! Velveteen is on the top of my list!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved Anna Dressed in Blood! The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and a few of these other ones are on my list to read, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, Anna Dressed in Blood and Alice in Zombieland are all pretty high on my TBR pile. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have wanted to read Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter before we watched the movie but wasn't sure if it would be worth it. I love Anna Dressed in Blood! I just finished Red Rain by R.L. Stine and it is pretty creepy too.
    I think I am going to add a lot of these too my TBR list on Goodreads. I also loved Dracula, it is such a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Impressive list!! I'd love to get my hands on Anna dressed in Blood.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Velveteen was on my list too! And I love Bram Stoker's Dracula, such a great classic!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Of the books you mentioned, most are in my TBR list or I've read and loved:

    TBR> 666 Park Avenue by Gabriella Pierce, Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake,
    The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin, Frankenstein by Mary Shelly

    Read> Dracula by Bram Stoker, Frankenstein by Mary Shelly

    I just did not like Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austin and Seth Grahame-Smith


    So far, one of my favorite spooky books is Pet Sematary, by Stephen King =]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison