October 6, 2012

Demon Eyes by Scott Tracey

Demon Eyes by Scott Tracey
Release Date ~ 10/8/12
Format ~ Paperback
Publisher ~ Flux
Source ~ Publisher
Purchase It!
Demons don't die without a fight...
After destroying the demon Lucien, Braden—son of Belle Dam’s most powerful warlock, Jason Thorpe—doesn’t need the power of his witch eyes to see that everything in his life is turning against him: friends, family, and even his visions. When disturbing nightmares of Lucien’s return haunt him, Braden discovers that the simmering feud between the city’s two witch dynasties is fast approaching its explosive boiling point.
While struggling to come to terms with his attraction to Trey, Catherine Lansing’s son who should be his mortal enemy, a diabolical plan starts to unveil before Braden’s eyes. Young women are disappearing from Belle Dam, and as he investigates, Braden is forced to explore the dangerous unknown power within himself. But when the truth about his family is revealed, Braden must pay a terrible price.
   This was a book I couldn't put down. The first book in the series, Witch Eyes, was a really good book, but it wasn't jaw dropping amazing. And this one without a doubt was. During school I was trying to find any spare seconds to pick it up and read it. I felt compelled to finish but didn't want it to end! Everything about it was incredibly well thought and extraordinary.

   The first thing I want to mention is how awesome it is that this series takes place in my hometown! I live in a seaport town in Washington state named Port Townsend. And in conversations I've had with the author, Scott Tracey, he mentioned that the fictional town of Belle Dam is based on Port Townsend! I mean that's pretty cool, right? And I know exactly where the lighthouse on the cover of demon eyes is located! Scott Tracey did an excellent job of describing my hometown with his own bits added in! But I do just want to mention that not *everyone* in our town is evil. (But I most certainly am.)

   I loved all the character development we saw in Braden, Tray, and Drew especially, but all the other characters too. I didn't connect with Braden too much in the first book, but I absolutely adored him in this one! I totally got where he was coming from and  felt for him! It's not often we get male POVs in YA, so I'm glad this one's a good one!

   The plot line of Demon Eyes was awesome. Filled with plenty of twists, turns, suspense and "WTF just happened?" moments, it was really written extraordinarily! There were a ton of paranormal elements that I just loved!

   Demon Eyes was a extraordinary second novel. I'm sure that when the dusts clears come January it's going to be on every "best books of the year" list. And it deserves it too.
Cover Comments:
I love the use of all the grey on this cover! And the place on the cover is exactly like the real Belle Dam/Port Townsend. Super creepy too!



1 comment:

  1. I wish I enjoyed this one as much as you did. I had too many wtf just happened moments and was lost a lot of times with the story. I do think it's super cool that it's set in a fictional town based on your town.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison