October 7, 2012

Book Haul (17)

Book Haul is a weekly feature here that showcases all the goodies I go this week!
   So this weekend I got a good haul of books! Ten books in fact including some review copies I'm really excited about and some cool ebooks! Here are the books:
For Review:
Speechless by Hannah Harrington
I got this along with two other Harlequin teen novels for review and I have to admit that I didn't know of it before, but it looks pretty interesting so I may give it a try.
Thank You Harlequin Teen!
Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
I've already read this and it was pretty good. Though it was nothing like Wonderland at all!
Thank You Harlequin Teen!
The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa
Can I just take a moment to say how much I love Julie Kagawa? She's so amazing and I am so excited to get this book!
Gifted:
Transcendence by CJ Omololu
This is another book I don't really know too much about but I loved ghost books so I bet I'll like it!
Thanks Jessica at Just a Book Lover
Won:
Entice by Jessica Shirvington
I won this during Jessica's release day online party but though I am yet to read the first book i nthe series, Embrace, I have an ARC of it so will read it soon!
Thanks Jessica Shirvington!
Bought:
The Future of Us
I already had an ARC of this but I found a hardcover for dirt cheap, so I bought it.
Downloaded on my Kindle:
Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5)The Shadow Cats (Fire and Thorns, #0.5)Homecoming (Witch Eyes, #0.5)666 Park Avenue (666 Park Avenue, #1)Sweet Venom (Medusa Girls #1)
Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
Though I didn't really like Warner in Shatter Me, Tahereh Mafi is an AMAZING author so I can't wait to read this novella!
The Shadow Cats by Rae Carson
I finished the second book in this series, The Crown of Embers and would love to read a spin-off novella!
Homecoming by Scott Tracey
This is a really, really short prequel to the Witch Eyes series which I love so I'm excited to read it!
666 Park Avenue by Gabriella Pierce
I watched the pilot of the TV adaptation of this last week when it aired and it looked really good so I hope to read it before the TV show gets too far along.
Sweet Venom by Tara Lynn Childs
It was free on kindle, how could I resist?
That's what I got this week! What did you get? Let me know in the comments!







12 comments:

  1. I really liked Speechless! The entire premise was so intriguing and what happened with her silence was really good. Also, dying to read Alice in Zombieland! I'm also reading Shatter Me this week - I'm seeing Tahereh at an event next weekend and am determined to finally have read it! Last time I met her I felt horrible I couldn't chat about her book.

    Great books this week, happy reading!
    Ashley @ Ashley Loves Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Some amazing books there!

    I got Alice in Zombieland this week also and I'm so excited to read it :D

    My Showcase Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Destroy Me was amazing! I adore Warner, so it was nice getting inside his head. :D

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, good, you got it! I worry about those kinds of things.
    Destroy Me...I kind of want to read that, but the fact that it's only in digital format makes life harder than it need to be. Alice in Zombieland looks good! I almost bought it the other day, but could not help but buy The Golden Lily instead. And I need to read Entice! I've read Embrace, but not Entice yet. I've been meaning to read it since I met Jessica (hehe), but I haven't gotten it yet. Grrr.

    Here's my What I Got: http://justabooklover.blogspot.com/2012/10/what-i-got-12.html

    ♥Jessica(:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I won a copy of Speechless not to long ago and I'm wicked excited I can't wait to get it in the mail! I hope you enjoy everything you got this week!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you got a pretty good haul this week!!

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVED Speechless. It such a great book. I've meaning to read The Lost Prince and I need to get my hands on Alice in Zombieland too. I hope you enjoy these awesomesauce book! Amazing haul :)

    Jessirae @ Words, Pages, and Books
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jessica is just made of awesome, isn't she? I hope you like The Future of Us ..I felt very 'meh' about it. And nice! You got Entice. You need to get on that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved Speechless! And I am so jealous of Alice in Zombieland and Entice.

    Here's My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  10. Speechless was great and so was The Lost Prince!Can't wait to hear your thoughts on both of those books! (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great books! And I've been curious about 666 Park Ave. I didn't watch it...but I've been thinking of picking up the book! Enjoy!
    My Added to the Bookshelf post!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my you got Alice in Zombieland! O.o
    YAYYYYYYYY! Enjoy it! I haven't had the chance to read it but from what I heard is really good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison