August 10, 2012

Dusty Reads (1)

By the way, I would like to apologize for all the lack of reviews this week. I'm in a reading slump. :(
Dusty Reads is a weekly meme hosted by Xpresso Reads
My Dusty Read This Week Is:
Switched (Trylle Trilogy, #1)
Switched by Amanda Hocking
Release Date ~ 1/3/12
Publisher ~ St. Martin's Griffin
When Wendy Everly was six years old, her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her. Eleven years later, Wendy discovers her mother might have been right. She’s not the person she’s always believed herself to be, and her whole life begins to unravel—all because of Finn Holmes.
Finn is a mysterious guy who always seems to be watching her. Every encounter leaves her deeply shaken…though it has more to do with her fierce attraction to him than she’d ever admit. But it isn’t long before he reveals the truth: Wendy is a changeling who was switched at birth—and he’s come to take her home.
Now Wendy’s about to journey to a magical world she never knew existed, one that’s both beautiful and frightening. And where she must leave her old life behind to discover who she’s meant to become…
   When this was released in paperback in January I ran out to get a copy! The concept of trolls in YA was really intriguing, but I never got around to it. Amanda Hocking is going to be at a signing I'm going to later in the month so I really need to get reading it!   
Have you read Switched? Are you mad at me for not reading it? Leave your thoughts in the comments and feel free to share what your dusty read is!


4 comments:

  1. Yikes! I got this months ago too and I haven't picked it up yet. I read the first 65 pages then got distracted and totally forgotten about it. The writing's good and fast paced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I got this one when it came out too! I love the covers! I haven't read mine either though. :( And she's coming down here too but it's the same night as another signing with multiple authors so if I go to one it would be the multi author event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the same boat! I haven't read it yet! I've owned it since it came out. But, I still need to read it. I was just at a signing with her and got her autograph, but I still need to read her stuff...I always find it kinda awkward to get something signed by an author I haven't read yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I could not be mad at you for not reading it yet...well, because I'm in the same situation! I've had this book sitting on my shelf for quite a while now, too! It will be fun to read though. I believe I haven't read any troll books yet. There's just SO many books to read and not enough time in a day. I'll get to it soon though. ;)
    DeAnna Schultz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison