May 8, 2012

Top Ten Book Quotes

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Book Quotes
10
“Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?'
Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
..."At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland."
"Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting.”
- City of Bones, Cassandra Clare
LOL, Jace is hilarious!
9
“Remember, we're madly in love, so it's all right to kiss me anytime you feel like it.”
- The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins
This pretty much sums up Katniss' and Peeta's relationship!
8
“What do you eat?"
"Baby bunnies." She narrowed her eyes, so I grinned and said, "Adult bunnies, too. I'm an equal-opportunity bunny-eater.”
- Shiver, Maggie Stiefvater
This quote is cute and hilarious, even though I'm a vegetarian.
7
“I fell for her in summer, my lovely summer girl,
From summer she is made, my lovely summer girl,
I’d love to spend a winter with my lovely summer girl,
But I’m never warm enough for my lovely summer girl,
It’s summer when she smiles, I’m laughing like a child,
It’s the summer of our lives; we’ll contain it for a while
She holds the heat, the breeze of summer in the circle of her hand
I’d be happy with this summer if it’s all we ever had.” 
-  Shiver, Maggie Steifvater
Maggie's books are just so quote worthy! If this song was one iTunes I would download it in a heartbeat!
6
“You are okay?" he asked. "Not eaten by monsters?"
"Not even a little bit." I showed him that I still had both arms and both legs, and Tyson clapped happily.
"Yay!" he said. "Now we can eat peanut butter sandwiches and ride fish ponies! We can fight monsters and see Annabeth and make things go BOOM!"
I hoped he didn't mean all at the same time, but I told him absolutely, we'd have a lot of fun this summer.” 
- Battle of the Labyrinth, Rick Riordan
Rick Riordan's books are so quote worthy!
5
“Laurel, David? Would you like to share the joke with the rest of the class?" he asked, one hand on his skinny hip.
"No, sir," David said. "But thank you for asking." The students around them laughed, but Mr. james didn't look pleased. Laurel leaned back and grinned. David, one. Teacher who wishes he was as smart as David? Zero”
- Wings, Aprilynne Pike
Ever since I've read this quote I've wanted to say it in class, lol. *talks loudly during a lesson*
4
“You know," Gabriel said, "there was a time I thought we could be friends, Will."
"There was a time I thought I was a ferret," Will said, "but that turned out to be the opium haze. Did you know it had that effect? Because I didn't.”
-  Clockwork Angel, Cassandra Clare
Will is like the 19th century version of Jace. So sarcastic and witty!
3
“So it's you and a syringe against the Capitol? See, this is why no one lets you make the plans.” 
- Catching Fire, Suzanne Collins
Haymitch is so mean but yet so funny!
2
“Do you remember me telling you we are practicing non-verbal spells, Potter?"
"Yes," said Harry stiffly.
"Yes, sir."
"There's no need to call me "sir" Professor."
The words had escaped him before he knew what he was saying.”
- Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, J.K. Rowling
1
“What I need is the dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter how bad our losses. That it can be good again.”
- Mockingjay, Suzanne Collins


30 comments:

  1. Some of these quotes are my favorites as well! Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your HG books quotes. I loved all of those as well! Peeta and Haymitch both provided some great lines.

    And I haven't read the Cassandra Clare books yet (itching to start them, just haven't gotten the opportunity yet), but those quotes make me want to read them even more! I love when characters have a good sense of humor.

    Here's my Top 10 Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all good. I figured Harry Potter would be a winner for most b/c hey I have tons of quotes I love from them, so I decided to go with books less known. Thanks for posting one though. :o) Here are my My Top Ten

    Amanda @ Sisters Unedited

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. Totally love your no 4, 5 and 10. Awesome list of quotes! :D

    Drop by my Top 10?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love #9 and #3 hahaha. Great list! :))

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the baby bunnies one! Sam is so great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Harry Potter quote, and the Haymitch quote from Catching Fire is a great one too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Hunger Games! Loved that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Harry Potter quote! I really need to read through that series again...it's been quite a while!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Harry! Love me some Potter quotes :) and the baby bunnies, lol! I need to read both of these series again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg, Jace Wayland! He's so funny that I can't resist him! He'll always be my book boyfriend *w*
    And the last quote from "the Mockingjay" makes me shiver.. Brrr! Still can't believe it is finished :')

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are great quotes! I haven't read Shiver or any of Cassandra Clare's books, but I am intrigued. My favorite is the Mockingjay one about the dandelion...so pretty and sad at the same time.

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/05/top-ten-tuesday-23-book-quotes.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh you've got some awesome quotes! I can't believe I didn't get Jace's comment on mine! I still have yet to read Shiver and have seen a quote for the book on a number of different blogs! (It's a sign...)
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the Catching Fire and Half-Blood Prince quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, I love that Harry Potter quote! In fact, I used it on my own list.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, Haymitch is an awesome character. He is my favorite in the books, so great that you quoted him :D

    And Harry Potter <3 so much wisdom in those books!

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/05/top-10-tuesday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are hilarious. I love the ones from Clare and Collins.

    My Top Ten.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had a Haymitch quote as well! Love how tender he is :)

    This post made me realize that I need to keep track of quotes in a spiral or on Goodreads. There are many books where I have favorite lines, but I'm at a loss without the book!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love these! Am so glad THG made it in a few times! And now I'm off to order Shiver; vegetarian too, and rabbit lover, but this sounds like one interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Will & Jace ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. I totally forgot that line from will about the feret thats hillarious still ty for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing quotes, read most of the books. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Haha this made me laugh. I haven't read any of these except for The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay. I want to read Shiver soon, as well as the Clockwork Prince. Thanks for the laugh!
    ~Shelby
    http://gobsandgobsofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great list of quotes...I really enjoyed reading this post :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. I LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE QUOTES. Just thought I should tell you.

    Oh, and I broke out into histarical laughter after at least one of them, and got a bruise in the process. Don't ask me how, it just happened. THANKS.
    Hehe.
    ♥Jessica(:

    ReplyDelete
  26. Shiver Quotes sounds great!! Shiver goes on to my TBR pile!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Excellent choices! Gave me a good laugh, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison