April 1, 2012

Interview with Leah Clifford

Today I'm pleased to welcome Leah Clifford, author of A Touch Morbid and A Touch Mortal!
Eden won the battle-she saved her true love from the darkest evil. But the war has only just begun. With secrets swirling around her, powerful allies unraveling, and life-and death-as she knows it eroding, Eden and those she loves tread dangerous ground. Can she trust anyone? Will her unearthly powers be her salvation or her downfall? A sweeping, dark, and sexy paranormal romance that will haunt readers with an inventive mythology and a cinematic New York City filled with shadows and longing.
Read my review here.

What is the main thing that you have improved on in A Touch Morbid?
To be honest, it’s a completely different book. The first book was Eden’s and dealt with a lot of her confusion and anger and so a lot of the first 1/3 of the book freaked people out because it forced you to take the journey with her and not know what was coming or what was happening to her because SHE didn’t know. People seemed to either love or hate it as a writing technique. The second book, in my heart, will always be Kristen’s book. She has a point of view this time around and some VERY interesting secrets that come to light. And while Eden faltered a lot in A Touch Mortal, I think Kristen will always do what needs to be done in order for her to survive.

What's the weirdest thing that has every happened at one of your author events?
My weirdest thing was also my favorite thing. I had someone give me a stuffed pee cup. Like, a plush one. Their mom, I believe, worked at a pharmacy so they had a stuffed pee cup and a stuffed syringe. I claimed the pee cup. I actually fought for it. It sits on my nightstand.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Writer. Always writer. As soon as I learned that there were people who made the stories I was reading, I knew I wanted to be one of them, even if I wasn’t sure exactly what that meant.

You live with another YA author, Scott Tracey (Witch Eyes), how is that?
Scott actually did a vlog about this! Watch it here:


Could you give us a teeny, tiny hint about the 3rd book in the Touch Trilogy?
Nope! Other than it’s full of carnage!

Describe A Touch Morbid in three words. GO!
Dark, desperate insanity.
Leah Clifford has been an extreme cave tour guide, a camp counselor, a flight attendant, a pizza delivery girl, a waitress, and a grocery store clerk. Now she adds author to that list. She lives outside Cleveland, Ohio.

5 comments:

  1. Stuffed pee cup? Is it wrong that's the only thing I took out of your Interview with Leah? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHA, stuffed pee cup...I can actually relate. My mom is an ER nurse. The drug reps bring all kinds of weirdness to give to nurses and a lot of it came home. Never a stuffed pee cup though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One it is awesome that you live with another YA Author! and This interview is so funny xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this interview and can't wait to read this book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison