December 4, 2011

Eric Delabarre Signing Recap

First, a little bit about Saltwater Taffy, Eric Delabarre's book!
"Endorsed by Teachers of the Year around the country, Eric DelaBarre’s Saltwater Taffy follows the lives of five friends as they uncover a treasure map that once belonged to the ruthless New Orleans pirate, Jean Lafitte. The discovery thrusts them from one treasure hunting adventure to the next as they try to out-wit, out-think and out-maneuver everyone from the one-legged junk-yard man and an overbearing town bully, to the creepy old man living at the top of the hill. Saltwater Taffy is a raceto-the-finish adventure that grabs the reader and never lets go."







This signing wasn't like most signings. There was no presentation, no author talk, just one big signing line. I havn't read Saltwater Taffy yet but it looked good so I was still excited about the signing. When I walked in, he had already started signing books so I didn't get a chance to ask him any questions :'-(
The event was located at Elevated Ice Cream, my local, "old fashioned" candy shop! They did quite a good job with it, and gave everyone a bag of homemade saltwater taffy to nibble on in the signing line.
Eric Delabarre sounded like a pretty cool guy. He was really nice to me for the 30 seconds I got to chat with him, and he gave me loads of swag!
Of course, signings aren't perfect in less you have a fellow blogger there with you! Good thing my classmate, best friend EVEN before we started blogging, Ben of Awesome Lego Stuff and Awesome Lego Castles! We topped the evening off with a good ol' elevated ice cream cone (courtesy of Ben) and then did a quick stop by the candy shop ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison