October 3, 2011

Linger

Here with another review...the second book in the Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy but Maggie Stiefvater, Linger!
Summary: In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabelle, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.

At turns harrowing and euphoric, Linger is a spellbinding love story that explores both sides of love -- the light and the dark, the warm and the cold -- in a way you will never forget.

My review: Shiver was awesome. I thought it would be impossible for Linger to be better. I was wrong. I picked this book up right after finishing Shiver. And I couldn't put it down! It was SO amazing!

At the start of this book everything is going right for Sam and Grace. They're both human. And they're both madly in love. But that doesn't make for a very interesting book, now does it?

The only flaw I found in Shiver was the slow start. Linger did not have that problem. By page 20 there was already a ton of action, and a brand new and super awesome character: Cole. Cole, the ex member of a famous teen rock band, EXTALICA or something like that (honestly it was so hard to pronounce and remember). Cole's sick of his rocker life and just wants to forget, he saw becoming a wolf as the perfect opportunity. But when he starts to cause a lot of problems for the pack, he becomes not so sure.

I liked how both Grace and Sam were the narrators in the last book. In this book I was thrilled to find two new narrators, Cole and Grace's friend and brother of dead werewolf, Isabel. In the last book I found Isabel just a snobby, rich girl who only cared about herself. In this book she was totally different and a lot cooler. She cared a lot about the wolves and helped Grace out a bunch. Well done on Isabel's part.

In Shiver I saw Grace's parents as just eccentric, maybe a bit on the non caring side, but nothing major. In this book all you want to do is punch them. They're characters you love to hate. They were being so mean to Grace I was like "SOMEONE FRICKIN' OFF THESE JERKS!!!" I sure wouldn't want her parents!

Maggie Stiefvater's writing style is amazing. It's so poem like and romantic. It made my jaw drop and say "How the heck does she does this? Is she on writing steroids?"

Fever is a book that will leave you yelling "OMG OMG OMG, I NEED MORE." It ends on quite a cliffhanger. Good thing I have Forever, come to me oh holy precious awesomeness!

5/5

Cover Comments: This cover compliments Shiver quite well. I like the green, well done!

This book counts in the following challenges:

111 in 2011 Challenge: Book #80

2011 Spooktacular October Paranormal Reading Challenge: Book #1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison