September 6, 2011

Crossed (ARC)

I am so exited about this book. I loved the first in this trilogy, Matched by Ally Condie so when I saw it was up for tour on Around the World ARC Tours (link at the end of the post) I was like "OMG! Sign me up!"
Summary: The hotly awaited second book in the dystopian Matched trilogy

In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.

Dystopian is my favorite genre. I truly love it! Matched was my favorite book in this genre since The Hunger Games.

The book starts with out heroine, Cassia, working in a camp for people in the second lowest class in the society. But she's not one of them; she's a citizen. The camp's located in one of the central provinces, and the only reason she's there is to try and find Ky, who had been left to die in the outer provinces where the enemy attacks them daily. She manages to escape to the outer provinces where she then finds Ky... but what will become of her?
Cassia is a great main character. I loved her narrative, but was disappointed because Ky also narrated and he did it more and I found his narration just plain lame! I loved him in the first book but he didn't narrate that one, so I guess when you get inside a person's head you discover your true feelings about him! Did not like Ky in this book at all! But back to Cassia, she shows her fighter spirit in this book, she'll will have you rooting for her the entire ride!
The settings in this book really drive the story. The majority of the book takes place in canyons in the outer provinces. They are truly magnificent! Condie makes it sound so life-like!

This book is perfect. It has the action of The Hunger Games, the romance of Twilight, and the drama of The Godfather. You must read this book!
5/5
Cover Comments (this is a new thing I'm adding to reviews) : I love the way she's bursting out of the bubble! There are three different tablets they take in this book. One's green, one's blue, and one's red. The first book she was in a green bubble, this one blue, I wonder what color bubble she'll be in next?

Thanks to Around the World ARC Tours for providing the ARC.
Crossed is out November 1st, preorder it on Amazon.

3 comments:

  1. Great review! Really looking forward to reading this one and finding out what happens next. I love the covers of these books - methinks in the next one she'll be OUTSIDE of the bubble =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gemma- Thanks! This one is epic! The covers are sweet! I didn't think of that, maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the cover. I was not a fan of the first one so I probably won't read this one, but I'm glad you enjoyed it!! Thanks :o)

    Mickey @ imabookshark

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison