August 26, 2011

Darth Paper Strikes Back

This book came out yesterday. I preordered from Amazon so last night I started it, and I finished it today, I loved the first book, The Strange Case of Origami Yoda by Tom Angleberger, and was totally ready for more super-silly fun!
Summary:The hilarious, clever, and much-anticipated follow-up to the breakout hit, The Strange Case of Origami Yoda.
It is a dark time at Ralph McQuarrie Middle School. After suffering several Origami Yoda–related humiliations, Harvey manages to get Dwight suspended from school for being a “troublemaker.” Origami Yoda pleads with Tommy and Kellen to save Dwight by making a new case file—one that will show how Dwight’s presence benefits McQuarrie. With the help of their friends, Tommy and Kellen record cases such as “Origami Yoda and the Pre-eaten Wiener,” “Origami Yoda and the Exploding Pizza Bagels,” and “Origami Yoda and Wonderland: The Musical.” But Harvey and his Darth Paper puppet have a secret plan that could make Dwight’s suspension permanent . . .

With his proven knack for humorously exploring the intrigues, fads, and dramas of middle school, Tom Angleberger has crafted a worthy sequel to his breakout bestseller.

I think that the characters in this book are some of the best of all time. Tommy is the character that is rather off to the side but knows what going on. Harvey is the nerdy jerk who always has to be right (sound like anyone we know, Benji?) and then there's Dwight, our hero and the super awesome creator of Origami Yoda. Though Dwight always means well he just doesn't always carry it out well.
I was really excited when I found out that the book was going to be about Origami Darth Vader! But when I started reading I was rather disappointed because this book wasn't too much about Darth Paper but more about what a awesome guy Dwight was and I really just wanted to get back to the Origami Yoda vs Darth Paper battles. Sorry Dwight, I don't like you that much, except Origami Yoda is still in it a lot and deals out some great advice, so all's well that ends well!
All of Tom Angleberger's illustrations are epic, and add a great feel to the book. I think that the illustrations have gotten better since the last book and you're able to see what they are better.
Awesome book, this is. Read it you must.
5/5
Book Battle Update: This is my 23rd book read in the book battle, Maddz has read 21.
Origami Yoda fans will be happy to know, THE END THIS IS NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment, I love and appreciate each and every one! As of March 2012, The Non Reluctant Reader is an awards-free zone. I'm honored to be considered, but do not currently have the time to pass the award on. Comments are the best award I can receive though! If the comment requires a reply, please be sure to check back for one. If it is a feature/meme leave a link to your post and I will stop by and comment if I get the chance!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison